Sunday, August 10, 2014

Supermoon

We had one of a few supermoons of the summer happen tonight, and to say it was hauntingly beautiful would be one of the biggest understatements I've made. It also happens to be my birthday, which made it the best birthday gift I received aside from the flowers and nifty high-heeled tape dispenser from my brother. He gets me. 

...AND Shark Week started tonight... AND it's national s'mores day....soooo I guess I AM kind of winning for once.  

I try to spend as much of my day, every day, being grateful for what I have, and sometimes for what I don't have. I know I could be a lot worse off, and I know that every day for the past twenty-something years I'm lucky to be alive thanks to my mom saving my life. I'm grateful that my dad went out of his way to run to Starbucks and buy me a latte this morning, and I'm grateful that my mom bought me new jeans yesterday as part of my birthday present. I'm grateful that my brother used his newly acquired driver's license to not only drive himself to the gym today instead of asking for a ride, but to stop by the supermarket on his way home and buy me flowers, especially since he picked out Gerbera daisies instead of roses. I'm grateful for the voicemails my friends left me saying happy birthday, and I'm grateful for all of the Facebook "love" I get from people even if it's the one time during the whole year they say anything to me at all. I'm grateful for the picture of the beautiful beach my sister sent me this morning during her run, and for everything at all. 

That being said, I'm having a very hard time shaking this feeling that I'm going to fall apart. I'm not quite sure what to do, and I wish there was a rulebook or some kind of user's manual for this life thing. I guess you get to a point in your life when you realize that nothing exciting is ever going to happen to you. I think that is the part I'm having a hard time with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment