Friday, March 6, 2015

Gephyrophobia



Anyone that knows me can tell you I have a few extreme and irrational fears. Birds are at the top of that list, along with bridges. I honestly have no idea how these fears developed or when, but I do know that there are few things I hate more than being on a bridge. I don't have a phobia of heights; I think it's the falling to my death with nothing to catch me that I'm terrified of. 

So, when I planned a birthday trip for an incredibly thoughtful man, I had to force myself to get over it and just deal with it. He happens to love bridges. Like, he's wanted to see a covered bridge his whole life and never has. Judgement isn't coming quick because I have a few Alice in Wonderland items that I'm obsessed with... so... hey, to each their own, right?

I decided that this surprise trip that I'd have to brave (due to my awkwardness during long car rides as in addition to my bridge-phobia) was a good opportunity to shut my phone off and dust off my camera instead. Nothing I'm overly proud of, aside from the fact that each of these was taken from a bridge... From the edge of  a bridge. High five to me for this one! Oh, and he liked the surprise. There were many speechless hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment