Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Must. Stay. Positive.

In an effort to work on that list and leave work at work, I'm going to vent now before I'm off the clock at 3:30. 

I'm someone that puts 110% in to my work. I take pride in what I do. If my name is going to be on it, I need to be proud of it. That being said, I have been putting in 200% for the past eight years at the same job. I've had to fight for promotions and apply and compete for jobs I was already doing for years. Management has made it insanely difficult for me to promote, and although they say they acknowledge my work, it's hard to tell when the rest of my four-person team gets credit for everything. We recently had a vacancy on our team that we had to fill for two classifications higher than what I've spent two years fighting for, and i "didn't qualify" for that position, but have trained that new hire that makes twice as much as I do on the entire workload. Someone please explain this. ....please note this is probably why the state can't get out of debt. 

Moreover, I go out of my way to schedule weekly update meetings with management so upper management can stay very involved in processes. Today, I'm apparently no longer part of the tam because the meeting "notes" that we're sent out had the other three team members on there with tasks, but not me. So, I'm wondering what happened in that I no longer get to do things since I've been busting my ass for this tam for years and have little to no help from management in advancing my career, and quite the opposite. 

I've done all I can to maintain my composure, to remain calm and positive and not let it bother me, but I'm about to lose it today. 

All I want to do is quit. Just straight up quit my job and move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment