Friday, May 23, 2014

Karma is a real thing.

From previous posts, you know I rescued a puppy. A very sweet, loveable, well-behaved puppy... That has severe separation anxiety issues. 

I'm not sure what the previous owners did to this poor pup, but he panics when I get in the shower because he doesn't understand that when I close the shower curtain I'm still there. 

I started dropping him off at my parents' house this week... 5am drop off, 530pm pick up. It's been working it beautifully for the past three days, until I made a jackass move. 

Work has been draining the life from me, so when I woke up late (as in I woke up at 5:07 and had a negative seven minutes to drop this puppy off), I was a little spacey and scattered. I threw on some mismatched work clothes, grabbed my makeup and a granola bar, picked up leo and ran out the door. He did his morning bathroom routine at my parents' house this day. 

Still rushing, I left my keys in the door so I  wouldn't have to screw around with them later to lock back up, and brought Leo in. Once he was all set up, I panicked because I couldn't find my keys ("scattered" may have been a very nice adjective for this morning). I put his poop bag that I planned on taking to the trash on my way out on the kitchen island counter and got his good bowl set up. After talking to myself out loud and also asking Leo where my keys were as if he was going to answer, I saw the door cracked open and proceeded to feel moronic as I remembered I left them in the door. I ran to the door, rushed out, and headed to work. 

It wasn't until I reached my desk at work that I had to call my mom and have the following conversation... Which the new girl at work heard, however only my side of this conversation making me seem like a strangely gross crazy person...

Me: Heyyyy mom. Good morning! 
Mom: Good morning.. it's early what's up?
Me: I'm guessing you haven't gone to the kitchen yet this morning? 
Mom: No, I'm getting ready for work... Why??
Me: Well in that case I'm really REALLY sorry in advance..
Mom: K.... WHY are you sorry?....
Me: I left poop on the counter and I'm really sorry I feel like a real asshole. 
Mom: WHAT?! You jerk! Throw your dog's shit bag away!!!
Me: ahhh I know I'm so sorry I was rushing and forgot and I meant to toss it! That's why I wanted to apologize for doing such a shitty thing... Ha. Shitty. Get it? 
Mom:..........yes. I get it. (Laughing now... She's got a decent sense of humor)
Me: I won't leave poop on your counter again!! I promise!! 

I get off the phone with my mom, relieved that she wasn't too angry, and turned around to see the new girl on our team giving me a really awkward and I uncomfortable glance. 

Me: Ohhhhh no. It was Leo's poop. Not mine.
Ads: ...and Leo is?... 
Me: Oh! My puppy!! It was in a bag from his walk. 
Ads: Thank god. I was grossed out for a second. 

Here is where the karma happens. Later that day, we'd wrapped up some hiring process events, and the managers came back and wanted to add additional pieces to the process that we've never done before. 

Basically, my version of shit on the counter was getting to recreate everything I had just shredded that afternoon. Ugh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment