Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Elevator Small Talk?

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Here is what I know today... 


First of all, I'm currently watching training demos for a new learning management system at work. Does a demo on creating a group REALLY need to be 87 pages long?! Truly people, get it together. Also, this is demo number two of 24.... Sooooo we're gonna be here a while.

Secondly, men (I should just say boys because I have yet to meet any real men lately) are getting slightly disappointing.

I stepped into the elevator at work this morning (let's be real- I should have taken the stairs because I'm only on the second floor, I know... Lame. Working on that), and a middle-aged guy steps in right after me. I was updating my breakfast into an app on my phone when this guy says, "I had a life threatening emergency last night." To which I responded, "I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're okay now" (Read: WHAT?! That is not something you tell someone you've never met or seen before, and it definitely isn't a good start to any pickup line... Please let this elevator move faster). 

Stranger: "yeah, my phone battery dropped to 10% last night... And I didn't have a charger!" 

Me: "..............that's rough...." 

Uhh WHAT?! This was also the absolute slowest one floor elevator trip I've ever experienced. I stepped off wishing him better luck with his battery today (which in retrospect sounds strange). Really not sure if that was a bad attempt at small talk, or if he was making fun of me being on my phone, or what the heck it was. Sadly enough, this has not been my first weird experience on an elevator at work. 

My coworkers and I are still speculating where the footprints on the ceiling of an elevator car came from.... Also, it sometimes smells very strongly of alcohol. 


People are amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment