Tuesday, April 15, 2014

toyota

Sunday, March 16, 2014


As my best friend and roommate was practicing her makeup and hairstyles on me for an upcoming wedding she is working, her four year old was playing with his toys on the patio. Adorable. All of the dinosaurs were lined up and he was teaching them... about dinosaurs. Have I mentioned how much I love kids? Their imaginations are fantastically alive and untainted. He then proceeded to get one stuck in his bike spokes on "accident".

My roommate finished getting me all dolled up, and she did a fantastic job for the record! She then asked if it was okay if she could take a shower and I could watch little guy, which of course it was. So, I'm picking out shoes to go with my dress, and he comes over behind me and starts tapping a toy on my shoulder saying "knock, knock!" I naturally responded with, "Who's there?" and the reply I received was slightly boggling. "Toyota!" Toyota? What? Why is a four year old boy talking about Toyota trucks?

"Toyota??" 
"Yeah, Toyota! Knock, knock!" he started over. 
"Who's there?"
"Toyota!" Still tapping his toy (which I had yet to look at) on my shoulder. 
"Toyota who?!"
"Knock, knock!"

After about three more rounds of this (I couldn't stop asking because his giggling was too adorable to interrupt), I had actually decided to take a look at what he was continuously tapping on my shoulder. 

His Yoda toy. TOY YODA. Not Toyota. I think the light bulb that lit up in my brain was probably bright enough to light up the western seaboard. I could not stop laughing; it was fantastic. 

His mom comes out of the hallway asking what we were talking about Toyota trucks for, and I said that's exactly what I was wondering, until I saw his toy. I held up his toy to show her, and she said, "OH! Toy YODA!"

I think we laughed so hard we cried. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment