Monday, April 28, 2014

Mini Ninja Turtle Pup

Last week, Meus (one of my very best friends at work) and I went down to the local SPCA on our lunch break to meet up with her husband and youngest son to look at some puppies. Her ten year old has been begging for a dog, so rescuing seemed like a good option. This location had a few good ones that were small and family friendly. 

I think it always happens this way. You go with someone else who is looking. See all of the adorable faces that just have "love me" stamped all over them, and then you wake up the next morning and realize you are now responsible for a tiny fuzzy adorable creature. 

Mine just happens to be broken. This is Leo; he's a seven month old terrier mix, and the sweetest little guy. I have yet to hear him make a sound (possibly because he's still drugged from puppy painkillers). All he wants to do is sit on my lap and lock my chest! Yeah, well. Guess that's a guy thing. 

Anyway, Kimber and I went down to the SPCA Saturday, and sure as shit, I woke up with a puppy love hangover on Sunday. I adopted this dude. His little 1950s teddy bear face in the cone of shame just sucked me in! Oh, yeah, cone of shame is on this poor little guy because a big dog was a jackass attacked him, and broke his back leg. My little ironman now has a permanent plate and pins in his back leg, and got some nifty shorts out of that haircut! 

So Leo, aka Leonardo the puppy ninja turtle is getting his family jewels snipped today and then I get to take him home for some cuddles and a nifty puppy t-shirt that says "STUD". Don't roll your eyes. I also got him a really cool puppy house that has a sunroof.... AND a harness with a seatbelt tether! Sweet! He's gonna love it! 

I hope. 

I'm sure he will do really great, plus I get to work from home tomorrow, which I think will help him get adjusted. 

 How freakin' adorable is he?! Ahhhh. So melty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment